Saturday, February 14, 2009

Molluscan neuroscience meeting

I am attending the molluscan neuroscience meeting in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.

This meeting can be one of the best meetings I ever attended.
So many good talks. Many big-name people. Beautiful data and movies by highly advanced techniques.
It is great to meet some of my SfN friends again. Especially on a dispatched island in Caribbean ocean.
This whole meeting is like a field trip.

The open discussion made by Drs. Hawkins, Glanzman, Abrams and Byrne and others was terrific. I had never seen anything like that, although the topic they were discussing over and over did not sound that much important to me.

Having a field trip to the beach was also good. Seeing those smart people wearing WalMart-like bathing suits is kinda rare experience.

Only thing I regret to death was that I forgot to credit Drs. Russell Wyeth and Owen Woodward for their beautiful Tritonia swimming movie I used in my talk. Russel has many good Tritonia movies.

http://people.stfx.ca/rwyeth/vidsimages.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I had never seen anything like that, although the topic they were discussing over and over did not sound that much important to me."

-- I agree: a great conversation about an issue no one cares about!

Akira said...

I could tell who were democrats and who were republicans from that conversation.